Monday, April 22, 2013

Creamy Avocado Spaghetti

After a thirteen hour work day, all I want for dinner is flavorful, filling, and most importantly fast. On the train back to my apartment this evening, I thought about what I could make quickly from the contents of my cupboard. Avocado, tomato, and ricotta cheese immediately came to my mind. Done and done. 


This recipe is pathetically simple but damn it is good. It also costs less than $3 per serving. Perfect for a tired Monday. Easily quadruple this if you're unlike me and have friends to eat with. I am cookin' for number one.

Creamy Avocado Spaghetti
//Total Time: 15 minutes
//Serves: 1

Ingredients:
1 serving whole wheat pasta of your choice (spaghetti, penne, etc.)
1/2 avocado
4 gloves of garlic, minced
3 tbsp. ricotta cheese
1 tomato, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Parmesan and fresh copped basil, for garnish

Directions:
Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add a pinch of salt. Cook whole wheat pasta according to directions.

Meanwhile, pit and scoop out the avocado. In a separate bowl, mash the avocado with the back of a fork. Add minced garlic and ricotta. Incorporate well. Fold in diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Drain pasta and return to sauce pan. Scoop avocado mixture into saucepan. Lick the bowl of avocado mixture clean, leaving none behind. (Is that just me?) Gently fold the avocado mixture into pasta. Transfer to a plate and top with parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve with simple arugula salad and a piece of crusty bread, for mopping up all that extra avocado at the end.

Happy Monday.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment